Selecting multiple files in ROX-Filer

Moderator: BarryK

szept

Selecting multiple files in ROX-Filer

Post by szept »

In Windows as well as linuxes with double-mouse-click to execute (e.g. Lubuntu) to selecet multiple files you can left click on the first one to select it and then you click on the last file with SHIFT and all these files are selected. I was trying to do it in EasyOS, but I canno't find a way to do it here. Any suggestions?

Damian

Running live-USB EasyOS-64_5.6.3

...and taxes are theft! -.-
https://321my.wordpress.com/pw/

BarryK

Re: Files selection

Post by BarryK »

This is a ROX-Filer question, not specifically about EasyOS.

I do it by dragging a selection box over all the files, by holding down the left button.

Caramel

Post by Caramel »

szept wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:58 am

In Windows as well as linuxes with double-mouse-click to execute (e.g. Lubuntu) to selecet multiple files you can left click on the first one to select it and then you click on the last file with SHIFT and all these files are selected. I was trying to do it in EasyOS, but I canno't find a way to do it here. Any suggestions?

Damian

In ROX-Filer you can choose to use the double-click.

In a ROX-Filer window right-click to open the Options then in "Window behaviour" untick "Single-click navigation"

TerryH

Post by TerryH »

Damian

It depends on what view mode you are using. In List view, I don't know how it is done, I think maybe it is not possible. In Icon View, as Barry says, by left clicking in empty space, then holding down the mouse button and dragging over multiple files, all those files will be selected.

New Laptop - ASUS ZenBook Ryzen 7 5800H Vega 7 iGPU / 16 GB RAM

Keef

Post by Keef »

It will work in list view, but can be a little fiddly. If you get the pointer between the files and it stays as an arrow (not a hand with pointy finger) then you can drag and select.

TerryH

Post by TerryH »

Keef wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:11 pm

It will work in list view, but can be a little fiddly. If you get the pointer between the files and it stays as an arrow (not a hand with pointy finger) then you can drag and select.

Thanks, I am using a laptop, which using a touchpad is probably making it more difficult.

New Laptop - ASUS ZenBook Ryzen 7 5800H Vega 7 iGPU / 16 GB RAM

MochiMoppel

Re: Selecting multiple files in ROX-Filer

Post by MochiMoppel »

In Windows as well as linuxes with double-mouse-click to execute (e.g. Lubuntu) to selecet multiple files you can left click on the first one to select it and then you click on the last file with SHIFT and all these files are selected.

I miss this functionality too.
It is so much more precise and stress-free than the lasso selection, but the developers of ROX-Filer have - apparently intentionally and without good reason - removed this standard GTK function in favor of the Shift+click shortcut for the "Open as Text" function.
Very unfortunate, but that's ROX-Filer - get used to it :lol:

Last edited by MochiMoppel on Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
szept

Post by szept »

I like the single-left-click behaviour, but as much I hate malfunctions in Rox...

Thanks guys for suggestions! :)

Running live-USB EasyOS-64_5.6.3

...and taxes are theft! -.-
https://321my.wordpress.com/pw/

Philh

Post by Philh »

I hold down the left control and then click on the files I want to select.

Keef

Post by Keef »

@Philh
I'm sure I'd tried that a hundred times, but I must have done something in the wrong order. Anyway, thanks for that. Works with the arrow keys too.

Return to “EasyOS”