EasyOS 5.4.10: how to have HTML shortcut icons on desktop, remote VNC desktop?

Moderator: BarryK

Grogster

EasyOS 5.4.10: how to have HTML shortcut icons on desktop, remote VNC desktop?

Post by Grogster »

Hello. :)

It's been quite a while since I played with EasyOS.
The last version I played with was version 2.2.16!! :P

I really like what I see in the latest version.
I particularily love easy way to install something like Firefox.
I have yet to play about with Samba networking, but reading the docs, it would appear to also be perhaps even easier to setup then in Puppy.

Anyway, on to a couple of questions:

1) DESKTOP ICONS FOR WEBSITES - I am hoping to be able to use EasyOS on an Acer laptop whose embedded SSD chip has died. EasyOS boots and configures very happily via USB no problems, and I can get on the web and installed Firefox etc piece of cake. What I would now like to do, is put "HTML shortcuts" as icons on the desktop, in the same way you can under Windoze, as this laptop came from a Windoze user, so to make things as painless as possible, I wanted to have shortcuts on the desktop for his most frequent websites. I can't find out how to do that, so a little prod would be great. Searching google just returns hundreds of links on "Easy" ways to do that in Windoze, and I already know that! :lol:

2) REMOTE DESKTOP - is there any way to install something like tight-VNC for LAN-area remote-desktop, controlled by a Windoze machine with something like TigerVNC on the Windoze machine? I expect there is a way to do it, but I don't know where to begin in terms of setting that up. Would need to start with every boot, and some method of setting a VNC connection password.

I am sure I will have other questions, but I like what I see so far! :thumbup2:

MochiMoppel

Re: EasyOS 5.4.10: how to have HTML shortcut icons on desktop, remote VNC desktop?

Post by MochiMoppel »

Return to “EasyOS”