ARM SoCs -future path?

Moderator: BarryK

BologneChe

ARM SoCs -future path?

Post by BologneChe »

Bonjour à vous;

I read with great interest Mr. Kauler's post about ARM SoCs :https://bkhome.org/news/202303/potentia ... -2023.html

I currently use two ARM distributions (Ubuntu and Debian). Everything works under the M1 max chips and I use UTM and Parallels Desktop as the installation/operation medium.I must admit that it is a great discovery! It's easy, fast and interesting! I don't feel the medium between macOS and the distribution used.
I agree when Mr. Kauler says that this is a potential to be explored. And I also believe that a version will have to be developed by the talents found on this forum.

It's good to want to develop 32-bit versions but it's redundant and the future is rather bleak on this side (and it is with all due respect that I write it). I think we should focus on development under ARM.It's just an opinion, nothing more.

With all due respect;

Born to lose; live to win

8Geee

Re: ARM SoCs -future path?

Post by 8Geee »

ARM-64 and aarch are the way2go here. Notably there is profound use of the RK3399 MPU in the newest ARM-SoC's. RaspberryPi and OrangePi notably. It does seem, however, that the newest versions (X-Pi 5.0) DOES NOT include wifi on board, but version 4-LTS DOES.

Again, I agree, something puppy and useful should be made in this space.

Regards
8Geee

Money talks... no, it shouts, so that it doesn't have to hear common sense.

Return to “EasyOS”