French keyboard laggy in EasyOS 4.5

Moderator: BarryK

v0002

French keyboard laggy in EasyOS 4.5

Post by v0002 »

Good morning everyone,
I am new in puppy stuff, sorry if my questions looks a bit dumb to you.
I am trying to use easy OS (4.5) on a quite new machine (swift1, 4G ram, pentium silver N5030) and everything seems going well but I have got a big problem with the keyboard (french layout) :
It's working but seems often laggy and not responsible.
For example in a terminal and start to type a command : I type "ls" + enter, I got the list.
Next I type "ls -la | grep bashrc" but I have "ls -la | g" on the screen and after few second the letter "r" start to pop many times "ls -la | grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..." and dont stop as if I would keep pressing but I'm not. Hopefully it will stop after few lines of Rs.
(The computer works well with other OS.)
Does anyone experienced the same problem or have any idea of what is going wrong there ?
Have a nice day.

BologneChe

Re: Keyboard problem using easy OS

Post by BologneChe »

v0002 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:20 pm

Good morning everyone,
I am new in puppy stuff, sorry if my questions looks a bit dumb to you.
I am trying to use easy OS (4.5) on a quite new machine (swift1, 4G ram, pentium silver N5030) and everything seems going well but I have got a big problem with the keyboard (french layout) :
It's working but seems often laggy and not responsible.
For example in a terminal and start to type a command : I type "ls" + enter, I got the list.
Next I type "ls -la | grep bashrc" but I have "ls -la | g" on the screen and after few second the letter "r" start to pop many times "ls -la | grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..." and dont stop as if I would keep pressing but I'm not. Hopefully it will stop after few lines of Rs.
(The computer works well with other OS.)
Does anyone experienced the same problem or have any idea of what is going wrong there ?
Have a nice day.

I tried everything under a French Canadian keyboard and I did not find this problem. I have an Acer Spin1.
J'ai tout essayé sous un clavier canadien français et je n'ai pas trouvé ce problème. J'ai un Acer Spin1.

Born to lose; live to win

don570

Re: Keyboard problem using easy OS

Post by don570 »

I noticed some strange behaviour with keyboard layout app...

http://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.p ... b7d#p75458

Flash

Re: French keyboard laggy in EasyOS 4.5

Post by Flash »

v0002, do you have another keyboard you can try? It looks to me like your keyboard keys are sticking.

Chaos coordinator :?
v0002

Post by v0002 »

Hello,
@BologneChe : Thanks for your try, I doubt it comes from the layout, I would not expect much difference from one layout to another, maybe driver ?

@don570 : Another strange behavior but doesn't seems linked.

@flash : I have an other physical keyboard (usb), I will try to plug it and see but I doubt it will help because my actual keyboard don't have physical problem as it works fine with other OS's (windows, puppy...).

Thanks you for your answers, I will give news if I have new info (Sorry for the delay, I don't have much time to play those days).

BologneChe

Post by BologneChe »

@v0002
Did you use the Sakura terminal? Try with Urxvt to see if the problem persists.

Born to lose; live to win

v0002

Post by v0002 »

Hello again ;)
The app doesn't matter, I got this problem with all terminals, geany, firefox... It seems to append only after 2nd boot.
I've tried a USB-keyboard and it solves the problem (even can stop it when first keyboard not responding) but I'm still confused where can it come from.
Thanks for your replies and don't hesitate if you have other ideas ...
Have a nice day !

esmourguit

Post by esmourguit »

Bonjour à toutes et tous,

Je n'ai pas encore rencontré de problème avec le clavier français. Même après une mise à jour de 4.5.2 vers 4.5.3. et plusieurs redémarrages.
Cordialement,

I have not yet encountered any problem with the French keyboard. Even after an update from 4.5.2 to 4.5.3. and several restarts.
Regards,

v0002

Post by v0002 »

@esmourguit : Merci pour tes tests, à mon avis c'est plutôt un problème de prise en charge du matériel mais ça reste surprenant que ça marche "de temps en temps".

tuxtux

Post by tuxtux »

Bonjour, sorry need to continue in english.
looks to be fixed.
I have much the same problem with german keyboard layout from time to time.
Looks to happen if i boot from internal SD-card because i want the hard disk not to be mounted.
Maybe SD-card is getting to hot and make some nonsense because they join the same USB-port.

Cu tuxtux

Return to “EasyOS”