r9 packages missing from compat/oe/dunfell

Moderator: BarryK

scsijon

r9 packages missing from compat/oe/dunfell

Post by scsijon »

http://distro.ibiblio.org/easyos/amd64/ ... e/dunfell/ has nothing in it.
I know your building r10 at present, but for us who are using the existing r9 in our building, we are now in trouble. And nluug is th same, so that no help.

BarryK

Re: r9 packages missing from compat/oe/dunfell

Post by BarryK »

Sorry about that.

I removed all the "-r9" packages, but have run out of my monthly 50GB full-speed data.
My telco plan has unlimited data, but drops me down to a much lower speed when 50GB is exceeded.

Tomorrow is 1st Nov., so will upload the "-r10" packages.

scsijon

Post by scsijon »

Not sure if r10 will work at this point as I may have to rebuild some non dunfell packages I and others I supply and use, where I knew r9 just worked as is at that point for us.

Can I request/sugest, that if possible, that you hold off removing the last old version until after the new one is already up and gone though a user test cycle please. After all, if the Packages-dunfell-official file is updated users would use the new version, but for problems requiring a quick stepback, it could be simply done if it was serious enough. As well as dealiing with those that don't want to update.

I've been able, at this point of time, to third-source everything I needed except for the last r9 version of limine, thanks to a number of others, somehow it has gone missing or never was required for them. I do wonder, if this package should be in noarch or something else, maybe a pet since it's status is cross-system and not just dunfell. Maybe packages-common should be reinitiated for this shared type of package in easyos, as you origonally had in quirky, Just a thought?

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

Your packages should work with r10, the changes are mostly just security updates.

scsijon

Post by scsijon »

BarryK wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:03 pm

Your packages should work with r10, the changes are mostly just security updates.

Maybe, but it means I will need to download a full set instead of just one as well as other files and the packages-? files. I'll worry about it later as i'm rearanging the layout of my office to give three independant areas for ease of action.

Return to “EasyOS”