Icon issue with dual monitors

Moderator: BarryK

Peanut

Icon issue with dual monitors

Post by Peanut »

Hi easy people,
As the subject suggests I am experiencing strange icon behavior.

My duel monitors are stacked one on top of the other. In Zarfy I managed to get the cursor to act correctly between the two monitors, and for the nav bar to stay at the bottom of the bottom monitor.
However with this configuration after moving the icons to where I want them and saving the session on reboot all the icons move and are jumbled on top of each other.

Any idea what might be causing this please and how I might rectify,, thank you

Peanut

Re: Icon issue with dual monitors

Post by Peanut »

So I believe problems stem from JWM rather than Zarfy or some other X11 config?

Using the Save Custom Icon Profile GUI, I can get the icons to play semi nicely - as in not on top of one another. However workflow would be much nicer if my icons were on a different monitor.

Is it possible to use another window manager?

scsijon

Post by scsijon »

It sounds that you have both monitors setup as one in your configuration script, not individuals, the default as most usually only have one. You need to setup them as individuals, then you can have the configuration files for each of the screens icon sets as individual sets. You might have to ask barry or even Joe Wingbermuehle, JWM's author, https://joewing.net/projects/jwm/. I don't have one of my scanlation multiscreen systems loaded at present to see what has been altered.

Peanut

Post by Peanut »

scsijon wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:12 am

It sounds that you have both monitors setup as one in your configuration script, not individuals, the default as most usually only have one. You need to setup them as individuals, then you can have the configuration files for each of the screens icon sets as individual sets. You might have to ask barry or even Joe Wingbermuehle, JWM's author, https://joewing.net/projects/jwm/. I don't have one of my scanlation multiscreen systems loaded at present to see what has been altered.

Cheera scsijon

Anyone tell me if this would this be a icon, Zarfy or X11 config? Iam not familiar enough with easyos to know with where the config files are kept. If I could see the right files at least I might be able to change the defaults manually,,, thank you

scsijon

Post by scsijon »

Peanut wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:19 pm
scsijon wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:12 am

Cheera scsijon

Anyone tell me if this would this be a icon, Zarfy or X11 config? Iam not familiar enough with easyos to know with where the config files are kept. If I could see the right files at least I might be able to change the defaults manually,,, thank you

sorry, forgot to look it up when i had them up live last time, and i'm rearanging my office to separate graphics, building quirky/easy and general access desks areas at present so things are more-than-messy at the moment.

Either jwm or x11, from memory you should see two appearances in the config files.

Check via System> pup-sysinfo> devices> display> complete. It should tell you if it sees that you have one monitor in dual mode or two independant monitors and their specs, that's the first step.
Then if it's two you need to configure each to be independantly controlled and with independant settings, that's a joe wingbermuehle request I think.
Although maybe barryk needs to adjust .xinitrc for them. I run them as mirrored but lanscape and portrait and with window4 as the portrait screen.

Return to “EasyOS”