Wifi issue

Moderator: BarryK

Average72

Wifi issue

Post by Average72 »

I am a fan of EasyOS, but I have an issue with wifi: When booting in normal mode, it takes several seconds (10-20sec) for the network manager to start, and sometimes it fails. It also fails in lockdown mode. I did not have a similar delays with the Buster releases. If I try to nmtui, it does not work (the application does not start). It looks like a daemon is not starting properly.

My laptop is an 7yrs old Acer, with 2xN3350 and 4G of RAM. Controllers (when it works) are:
00:13.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Celeron N3350/Pentium N4200/Atom E3900 Series PCI Express Port A #3 (rev fb)
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168NGW [Stone Peak] (rev 10)

Anybody encountered the same issue? Is there any way to resolve this?

EDIT : I resolved the problem by switching the USB port I am using to boot EasyOS. I was using a USB 3.0 port and had the above issue. When using a slower USB port, it takes about 5 seconds for the network manager to start. So it is probably something in my hardware in relation to the boot sequence.

Return to “EasyOS”