A question regarding the limine.cfg file

Moderator: BarryK

superchook

A question regarding the limine.cfg file

Post by superchook »

I recently made a USB stick with several operating systems on it starting from an installation of easyOS 4.3.
The stick is a Lexar 32G usb 3 containing four partitions. The first 7 MiB partition has the boot and esp flags set and contains among other files and directories the limine.cfg file. The second labelled "easy2" is an ext4 formatted 13 GiB partition and contains several operating systems each in their own directory. The third is also of 13 GiB but formatted as an ext3 partition labelled STORAGE although it contains a couple of 32 bit systems namely s57-2018 and Guydog. The last partition is a fat32 formatted and labelled SNEAKER partition, currently empty.
The limine.cfg file is shown in the attached file MyUSBOS_limine.txt.
All the entries except the last two work nicely but the entries for s57-20-18 and Guydog both fail in similar ways with the dreaded "trying to kill init"
In case the contents of the s57-2018 and Guydog were corrupted I made another usb stick using the new easyOS 4.3.1 with an ext3 formatted partition containing s57-2018 and Guydog as well as easyOS. A copy of the limine.cfg is attached. all three entries boot satisfactorily.
My question is what is required to get the systems on the third partition of the first usb stick to boot?
TIA
Ken

Attachments
MyUSBOS_limine.txt
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
My32bitUSBOS.txt
(812 Bytes) Downloaded 29 times
williwaw

Re: A question regarding the limine.cfg file

Post by williwaw »

Hi Super

the kernel lines of the last two oses on myusbos.cfg have parameters for both easy and additional parameters for puppy?

I would simply try the kernel line parameters as you have shown in the install that boots.
KERNEL_CMDLINE=psubdir=/s57-2018 pmedia=usbflash

if this fails, kindly post a pic of the screen

superchook

Re: A question regarding the limine.cfg file

Post by superchook »

Thank you williwaw! That fixed it. (I thought I had previously tried that combination but must have made some typos :-(
cheers,
Ken

Return to “EasyOS”