Midnight Commander needs OPENSSL_1.0.0 ???

Moderator: BarryK

Misaligned

Midnight Commander needs OPENSSL_1.0.0 ???

Post by Misaligned »

Just installed deb package of Midnight Commander on EasyOS 4.1. Which worked fine, only 2 or 3 dependencies
were missing, but I was able to solve this.

The problem that I have now, is as follows:

# mc
mc: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libssh2.so.1).

Can someone point me in the right direction to solve this?
Thanks in advance.

Phoenix

Re: Midnight Commander needs OPENSSL_1.0.0 ???

Post by Phoenix »

You can upgrade libssl but you need to install its other dependencies in one go, otherwise you'll quickly break any attempts to access the internet.

By the way, what puppy are you using and what version?

IRC: firepup | Time to hack Puppy!

mouldy

Post by mouldy »

I am using Easy Dunfell64 3.4.7 I saw this thread. I statically copied /usr/bin/mc and /usr/share/mc from MX-19. Also copied couple missing libraries. I already had libcrypto.so.1.0.0, but it was just simlink to libcrypto.so.1.1

Oh MC works fine. Its one of those that is happy to work with statically copied files, no need to "install" anything unless you want to.

Misaligned

Post by Misaligned »

@Phoenix, I installed it on Easy dunfell 4.1. It was working on older versions.
@mouldy, Yes, I had to copy some libraries from another installation and create the symlinks manually, like you mentioned.
Haven't tried to just copy the the whole /usr/bin and /usr/share from another install, maybe that's the way to go? Thanks for your replies.

mouldy

Post by mouldy »

Might or might not. I have had instances where copying the files rather than installing, bypassed some stupid dependency I didnt need anyway. The installer script was only one interested in that capability. And I realize I am using an older version Easy than you too. So current version may or may not have dependencies friendly to version MC you installed. I have limited metered data so waiting for version Bookworm that has caught up with Dunfell.

Return to “EasyOS”