cannot get connected.

Moderator: BarryK

xenial

cannot get connected.

Post by xenial »

Howdy,
Just got easyos installed to my usb flash drive and booted up just fine.
I use a home wi-fi internet and i cannot see where or how i can get connected within easyos. :oops: :oops:

my first time with easyos and i have not found any info on getting connected here so sorry if i have overlooked this info.

Modus Operandi.
I click the network icon in taskbar and only sees ethernet connections. :cry:
i see no way to connect or even to get the network manager to "see" my internet connection which is wlan.

I am guessing this could be a firmware issue perhaps and is not seeing my adaptor which is usually broadcom on my other pups.

Is this a transplant procedure or is there somewhere to look for the firmware i am not seeing.?
Please do excuse my ignorance here as im in no mans land with this os.

Great looking os btw. :thumbup:

BarryK

Re: cannot get connected.

Post by BarryK »

Yes, typically this is a problem with your wifi interface not working, often due to missing firmware.

Try this is a terminal:

# dmesg | grep -i firmware

...see if it reports failure to load firmware.

On my current PC, I get:

[ 22.657958] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: loaded firmware version 29.541020.0 7265D-29.ucode op_mode iwlmvm
[43915.260270] iwlwifi 0000:04:00.0: Loaded firmware version: 29.541020.0 7265D-29.ucode

Also, know what wifi interface hardware you have, and whether it has known issues with Linux. The 'lspci' utility might help.

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

Broadcom, that rings a bell. There is a special driver for "broadcom-sta-wl" wifi, that you can find in the "pet-dunfell" repository in the package manager.
If you do need that, it has special requirements, a builtin kernel driver has to get blacklisted. I don't recall the details. It is discussed somewhere in this forum.

But perhaps it won't come to that. Hopefully you just have a missing firmware problem.

xenial

Post by xenial »

Thank you kindly barry i shall try those suggestions and report my findings.I was going to see if copying my renamed fossapup fdrv sfs would help in this situation seeing as fossapup connects just fine.

I shall report back in a short while.

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

xenial wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:09 pm

Thank you kindly barry i shall try those suggestions and report my findings.I was going to see if copying my renamed fossapup fdrv sfs would help in this situation seeing as fossapup connects just fine.

I shall report back in a short while.

You could try copying /lib/firmware from fossapup, or at least the broadcom firmware.

Return to “EasyOS”