Easy Bookworm version 0.3 released

Moderator: BarryK

BarryK

Easy Bookworm version 0.3 released

Post by BarryK »

Continuing to knock this guy into shape:

https://distro.ibiblio.org/easyos/amd64 ... /2022/0.3/

These are pre-alpha releases so far. When all the obvious bugs are found and it seems functionally equivalent to Easy Dunfell, then I will probably bump the version to match, say 3.5.

It is possible to update from 0.1, but two things need fixing. First, the rsync utility has a missing library:

viewtopic.php?p=57323#p57323

Second, /usr/local/easy_version/easy-update script is broken. Working script attached, with a false ".gz"

I tested the update, it worked, except the desktop icons still have the old names for the icons. 0.3 has adapted new names, as suggested by rufwoof.

So if you just want a clean new version, probably better to do a new install. At least while we are still in this pre-alpha stage.

For record of changes, see my blog:

https://bkhome.org/news/tag_easy.html

Attachments
easy-update.gz
False .gz
(24.2 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
ghoen

Re: Easy Bookworm version 0.3 released

Post by ghoen »

Just a small hick-up,

Tried to download easy_0.3_amd64.sfs but this was not successful .

The file is available in:
https://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/eas ... /bookworm/

But in resulted in the report:
"Probing of the online repo failed. Aborting. "

;)

scsijon

Post by scsijon »

sorry, doesn't work for me with 2 screens turned on or not. 0.1 did work, so something has gone wrong somewhere I fear.
Problems so far:-
1- whether in X or not, sets both screens to smallest global font size, resets them back to these even when I change them;
2- the same with screen matrix, notepad is set to 3000x2000 and wacom to 4k, just resets them to these on a restart of X;
3- If i have both screens turned on together, it tries to set both screens to the same resolution and fails the second screen, turning it off.

Others:-
4-Celluloid seems to be setting itself to your default country setting ok at the start, however if you change the language setting in celluloid to another that's on the dvd it's changing back again when the next track starts;
5- screen colours are 'dull' where it's ok with 0.1, thought it was me so i checked with my colour checker and that says the same thing;
6- xerrs.log showing warning errors:-
/cut
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning: Could not resolve keysym XF86EmojiPicker
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
/usr/bin/jwm
JWM: warning: $HOME/.jwmrc[355]: could not open included file: /root/.jwmrc-drives
JWM: warning: $HOME/.jwmrc[356]: could not open included file: /root/.jwmrc-containers
JWM: warning: key binding: root menu "4" not defined
JWM: warning: key binding: root menu "2" not defined
/root/Startup/pa-applet_tray: waited 1 seconds for pulseaudio daemon.
[/etc/pulse/client.conf:47] Unknown lvalue 'allow-autospawn-for-root' in section 'n/a'.
/root/Startup/pulseaudio: waited 2 seconds for bluetoothd
/root/Startup/pulseaudio: starting pulseaudio daemon
/root/Startup/pulseaudio: executing start-pulseaudio-x11
[/etc/pulse/client.conf:47] Unknown lvalue 'allow-autospawn-for-root' in section 'n/a'.
EXIT="Exit on timeout"

I'lll leave it at that for now, sorry but i'm going back to 0.1 for now, at least i can use that one.

EDIT: 0.1 with the mentioned patches seems to work ok. I don't know what happened with 0.3, but sorry it doesn't.

Berto

Post by Berto »

Hi BarryK,

just downloaded easy bookworm, and installed in USB. After short testing of the progis I need most, I'm exited! Everything is working well, no issues at all. Thank you.
I'm happy.

One thing I am wondering about: why the package manager doesn't find freecad? The one in SFS repo is a little outdated - so I wanted to download a newer one.

Well, I will download from debian repo directly, that will be no problem.

Regards,
Berto

Asus Netbook, Intel Atom N450, Nvidia graphics

Regards,

Berto

ASUS Netbook, Intel Atom N450, Nvidia / ASUS Notebook Pro 78S, Core i7, Nvidia

Return to “EasyOS”