easy 3.4.2 release delayed

Moderator: BarryK

Misaligned

easy 3.4.2 release delayed

Post by Misaligned »

Hope I am not getting ahead of the game, but I saw Easy 3.4.2 yesterday and downloaded and "installed" it.
Looks good. The JWM desk theme manager is a nice addition.
So far it works good, one thing I noticed after switching the background image ... having it applied makes it
look blurry compared to the source? Also the "EasyApps" Interface seems to be missing the scrollbar, it is
available at "EasyControl". See screenshot below ....

easy-apps.png
easy-apps.png (62.7 KiB) Viewed 627 times

BTW EasyOs was mentioned in the FullCircle online magazine (Januar #177, Page 8).

BarryK

Re: easy 3.4.2

Post by BarryK »

Easy 3.4.2 release has been delayed. Had to remove it soon after uploading. Some serious issues:

https://bkhome.org/news/202203/xephyr-n ... ssing.html

https://bkhome.org/news/202203/xephyr-a ... fixes.html

https://bkhome.org/news/202203/oe-recom ... night.html

That missing scrollbar in EasyApps is OK for me. Are you running a different DPI than the default?

mikeslr

Re: easy 3.4.2 -- Control's missing scroll bar

Post by mikeslr »

"Missing scroll bar" isn't unique to Easy OS or Easy Control.
I've noticed a similar occurrence under other 'Puppy-like' Operating systems and other GUI's. The scroll-bar is present; just too narrow to be seen or made use of as it's difficult to position the mouse-cursor within it. I think the ratio of the width of the scroll bar to the width of the GUI is set too low or otherwise mis-configured. [A yad problem?].

Misaligned

Re: easy 3.4.2 release delayed

Post by Misaligned »

Did not change any DPI settings, no, I did not do it :lol: . I just mentioned it since it looked wrong
having the vertical icons interfering with the horizontal icons at the bottom.

After playing around with easy a bit more, I experienced problems switching wallpapers. Actually
what happened, I booted the same usb medium on a different computer, and there the background was
replaced with a black solid color.

Going back to the computer I initially imaged the usb medium. I had the same problem and was not able
to get a wallpaper to show up again.

But I guess, since the release was withdrawn and it actually was not officially announced, I should not
delve to much into any issues. And I appollogize for getting ahead of the game, I should have waited
until there was an official announcement.

@ mikeslr, you are right looking at it closer, I can see that there is a thin line on the right and bottom,
probably some display issue. If I remember this right, the scrollbar(s) is/are present at the easy controls.

radky

Post by radky »

@Misaligned wrote:

...the "EasyApps" Interface seems to be missing the scrollbar

In EasyApps 3.1.2 it seems the scroll widget is disabled. To enable scrolling you could run the following in a terminal.

sed -i 's%scrollable=\\"false\\"%scrollable=\\"true\\"%g' /usr/local/PupApps/PupApps-bin

PupMates
https://www.smokey01.com/radky/PupMates.html

Last edited by radky on Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BarryK

Post by BarryK »

radky wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:10 pm

@Misaligned wrote:

...the "EasyApps" Interface seems to be missing the scrollbar

In EasyApps 3.1.2 it seems the scroll widget is disabled. To enable scrolling you could run the following in a terminal.

sed -i 's%scrollable=\\"false\\"%scrollable=\\"true\\"%g' /usr/local/PupApps/PupApps-bin

I took out the scrollbar because it wasn't needed when testing on my PC. I also tested at different DPIs and the scrollbar wasn't needed.

But after Misaligned's feedback, I will need to look at it again.

@Misaligned ,
That's OK that you have "jumped ahead", I can checkout this problem.

Regarding the blurred background, did you use Qwallpaper to do the switch?

I did a test, changed the wallpaper using Qwallpaper, then flipped from JWM desktop to ROX desktop (via a button in JWMDesk) and it reverted to the original wallpaper. I then ran Qwallpaper (in Desktop menu) and selected the wallpaper that I wanted.

JWM and ROX have the wallpaper path in different files. Let's see, for ROX it is in /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin and for JWM it is in /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
Qwallpaper is supposed to set both of them. I will check that.

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

Misaligned wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:53 pm

After playing around with easy a bit more, I experienced problems switching wallpapers. Actually
what happened, I booted the same usb medium on a different computer, and there the background was
replaced with a black solid color.

OK, I will experiment, see if I can reproduce that.

notaninja

Post by notaninja »

Just updated to 342 :)

Gotta say?

Bold theme, am in awe.

So awesome, in fact, that I immediately sought something not quite so eye-poppingly psychedelic and opted for a (much) safer approach via the JWMdesk Theme Manager. Totally wimped out. Blues and blacks. Blacks and blues. To which your old icon set is ideally suited, sadly.

Look, yes, I know, I'm boring, but hey, some of us have eyeballs ;)

NAN

Return to “EasyOS”