EasyOS Basic POC Packageset list?

Moderator: BarryK

scsijon

EasyOS Basic POC Packageset list?

Post by scsijon »

I was wondering what you would consider to be the basic minimal packageset required to build an EasyOS.

I don't mean a full set with all the applications, but a minimal set of packages for something like a proof-of-concept to see if other linux 'bases' would be suitable for EasyOS. I've had a look in the latest woof-project-2022????.tar.gz and that has of course a full set. I was wondering if you already had listed somewhere a minimum set, before I use up time and have a go at 'getting rid' / removing packages from a copy of it to create a minimal packageset. I do have an old one I created back in the early Quirky days, but it's out of date for current builds.

I've now got three bases I've been folowing / looking into for some time now that may be suitable for a Quirky or EasyOS, with quite a large number fallen by the wayside over the last few years due to found problems as some may know by my messages on the forum. However, I am now at the stage that I want to try to build these ones package sets using the method of opening a fresh EasyOS Container installing one of them and chroot into their system to build their packages, then with woof-q build a Quirky or EasyOS against them. All are all small at present with limited package sets, but have possabilities of becoming bases in the future. Using a full set of EasyOS packages is just too much for a proof-of-concept at this point as all will already need a number of packages to be added anyway to build. I will need to make use of the Packages-pet-~ sets anyway for the builds.

thanks

BarryK

Re: EasyOS Basic POC Packageset list?

Post by BarryK »

No, I don't have a "minimum set".
I have wondered, about some kind of organization of the package-lists, to have something like that.

scsijon

Re: EasyOS Basic POC Packageset list?

Post by scsijon »

OK, thanks for the quick response. I'll have a go at creating one and building a normal EasyOS Dunfell from that before going further.
Currently creating a minimal DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-oe-dunfell.

Just to give an idea of what i'm playing with. The first distribution i'm looking at is venom. Currently, a packagelist of some 1600+ packages. I don't think there will be a need to add too many that aren't puppy specific. I will need to build and save packages on my site once built, plenty of room there for it and it now, seems the venom scratchpkg builder has that step available if configured that way. We may have to add another extension to woofq though to open them as it uses .txz as it's built packages extension.

There are two other possabilities but with much smaller and simpler packagesets i'm leaving them until/if venom becomes unworkable.

Return to “EasyOS”