EasyOS 3.1.19 released

Moderator: BarryK

BarryK

EasyOS 3.1.19 released

Post by BarryK »

Yes, yet another!

You should find improved audio setup, hopefully. Release notes and d/l links here:

https://bkhome.org/news/202201/easyos-3 ... eased.html

I propose that this is the RC for 3.2. Testers welcome!

scsijon

Re: EasyOS 3.1.19 released

Post by scsijon »

Clean Install on ssd, started and configuration, ok; speaker showed disabled so went in via mscw (right click) and enabled it and sound now works, ok; added devx and enabled it via bootmanager, quick test to see if active now, ok; added firefox and tested, ok.
Will do some other 'stuff' this afternoon/evening when it gets hotter and i'm free.

?Quick after thought. I wonder if in your Easy Containers in the bottom Create Container Box there shouldn't be a Create Box to create a default $"you_name_it" Container, similar to how there is a Delete container in the middle Manage Containers Box. Means you could start with a empty Container to 'enter' and copy your source code/packages/etc in prior to building your apps or 'system' in (as the first step) and everything your 'playing with' is safely in the one container.

ps hiawatha is now up to v11.1, various fixes and security stuff, yours is still v10.10. Most likely doesn't concern us if we only use as a personal server. but if used as an online system may do.

scsijon

Post by scsijon »

Problems found to start with:
1- No cd symbol appears in the bottom drive line if A music cd is put in the drive, OK if a data cd;
2- CD drive door immedately closes again when button pressed to open door, requires at least a second push to stay open( and sometimes a third), stays open if there is NO cd in the drive, but not if there is one already in it;
3- Defalt Applications Chooser has CD Player set as 'pcd' but that doesn't start a music cd/dvd, and Audacious (which works) is not in the dropdown list to choose that;
4- Opening a console container and running set shows the owner as root, but doesn't show a group and trying to set anything as the group fails with a invalid operation error message;
5- trying to access anything in /files/shared/ fails from a container, ditto trying to create a link;

Last edited by scsijon on Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Montchalin

Post by Montchalin »

To type an apostrophe I must tap the key twice.

simultaneously pressing shift+enter does not give the intended results on some groups and forums.

I have tried changing the keyboard in setup, but the problems persist.

This problem (for me) was also in EasyOS 3.1.17, and 3.1.15. I am not sure when it began, but it used to be just fine in earlier EasyOS versions.

This is a Lenovo Ideapad 110. This problem exists on the laptop´s native keyboard and on an external usb keyboard.

Thank you for all of these puppies and easies and quirkies and pyros and etc.

Montchalin

Post by Montchalin »

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
SeaMonkey 2.53.10.1 in EasyOS doesn't want to load the www.wordpress.com site to the point where the login button appears.
And
SeaMonkey 2.53.10.1 in EasyOS doesn't seem to want to load youtube.com to the point where video icons can be clicked.

First though: Is this a problem with Seamonkey, me, or EasyOS 3.1.19?

Is this the correct place for newbie problems?

scsijon

Post by scsijon »

Montchalin wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:44 pm

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
SeaMonkey 2.53.10.1 in EasyOS doesn't want to load the www.wordpress.com site to the point where the login button appears.
And
SeaMonkey 2.53.10.1 in EasyOS doesn't seem to want to load youtube.com to the point where video icons can be clicked.

First though: Is this a problem with Seamonkey, me, or EasyOS 3.1.19?

Is this the correct place for newbie problems?

YUP, wordpress won't/doesn't recognize that Seamonkey is a real browser, hasn't for some time, you should have got a warning message about this when you pressed the login button at the top of the screen(. it's there but has no box around it), you can install the firefox pet via petget (setup/Petget Package manager) if you must use it. As far as youtube is concerned I can't help as I don't trust that sites information collection and won't access it.

scsijon

Post by scsijon »

Montchalin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:29 pm

To type an apostrophe I must tap the key twice.

simultaneously pressing shift+enter does not give the intended results on some groups and forums.

I have tried changing the keyboard in setup, but the problems persist.

This problem (for me) was also in EasyOS 3.1.17, and 3.1.15. I am not sure when it began, but it used to be just fine in earlier EasyOS versions.

This is a Lenovo Ideapad 110. This problem exists on the laptop´s native keyboard and on an external usb keyboard.

Thank you for all of these puppies and easies and quirkies and pyros and etc.

What country code have you set the machine and keyboard for please? It's perfectly ok on mine, a lovely Red 110S set as en-AU.UTF-8 (English Australian) that I use for storyboarding, and one of the machines that i've been testing 3.1.19 via an external USB SSD drive. Maybe there is a translation coding problem. Also try tapping it slower, maybe the key is starting to fail as their rather a cheaply manufactured keyboard, not that hard to change over either if your techically minded, spares are available for ordering via their website.

There's quite a few complaints on the net about these, they are used in a few of their laptops not just the Ideapad, and even lenovo's site has a couple of windows-centric help pages on it. An interesting one they sugest is to try using the onscreen keyboard (it's on the menu bar, click to popup) and try 'pressing' the failing 'button' out on that (with the mouse button) to see the result. That should prove where the problem is coming from.

Oh yess, the shift+enter problem (on some sites only but not others) will be their problem not linux, it's how they configured their site, i've come across a few over the years. It was explained to me once, but it didn't quite make sense to me, a primarily english speaker. However the ideapad can also assign different keycodes to left-shift and right-shift, as a test next time try the other one as some country codes make use of this function.

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Looks good so far..

my usb sound card config has persisted without changing, and I appreciate QT as its needed for a few apps I use

xenial

Post by xenial »

i assume this is 64bit only.?

BologneChe

Post by BologneChe »

xenial wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:52 pm

i assume this is 64bit only.?

Yes!

Born to lose; live to win

Montchalin

Post by Montchalin »

The apostrophe problem is resolved and I can not recreate it. I am using the same keyboard. I wish I had switched out the keyboard while I was having the problem. Thank you scsijon, for your recommendations. It was while I was changing setting that the keyboard began working. I just can't recreate the apostrophe problem.

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

Version 3.2 is out! See new thread:

viewtopic.php?t=4896

Return to “EasyOS”