html editors

Moderator: BarryK

williwaw

html editors

Post by williwaw »

I tried the bluegriffon 1.0 pet, and when cutting and pasting in wysiwyg mode, I can select with the mouse but have to use ctrl x, ctrl v to move the selection.

I can select with the mouse and cut with the mouse using the right click submenu, but when pasting with the mouse using the right click submenu, it pastes into a new document.

however, pasting by middle clicking works in the same document.

is there a general way to configure mouse buttons to cut? or a way to change the right click > dropdown behavior?
I could not find much pertinent in bluegriffon preferences, does the app use a gecko engine? I found a /root/.disruptive sarl/bluegriffon/ mozilla like profile, but not sure how to config for proper mouse/keyboard behavior

Last edited by williwaw on Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BarryK

Re: html editors

Post by BarryK »

williwaw wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:09 am

I tried the bluegriffon 1.0 pet, and when cutting and pasting in wysiwyg mode, I can select with the mouse but have to use ctrl x, ctrl v to move the selection.

I can select with the mouse and cut with the mouse using the right click submenu, but when pasting with the mouse using the right click submenu, it pastes into a new document.

however, pasting by middle clicking works in the same document.

is there a general way to configure mouse buttons to cut? or a way to change the right click > dropdown behavior?
I could not find much pertinent in bluegriffon preferences, does the app use a gecko engine? I found a /root/.disruptive sarl/bluegriffon/ mozilla like profile, but not sure how to config for proper mouse/keyboard behavior

I don't know. I always use the ctl-x, ctl-c and ctl-v keys.

Yes, is gecko, same as seamonkey.

snoring_cat

Post by snoring_cat »

Hi williwaw,

I did the steps you mentioned and cannot reproduce your problem. I'm using Fossa64 and the right-click paste method pastes in-line to the document I'm already in.

Meeeooow!

-- substance over noise, since 5 minutes in the future --

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

snoring_cat wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:56 pm

Hi williwaw,

I did the steps you mentioned and cannot reproduce your problem. I'm using Fossa64 and the right-click paste method pastes in-line to the document I'm already in.

Hi snoring_cat, and BarryK

I reinstalled bluegriffon today and could duplicate, but only with the same html doc I was editing yesterday. Other html's I tried today were not problematic. the doc in question uses a newspaper css style, and is a bit of a hack in other ways also.

After Barrys advice, I went back and reviewed some forgotten windows keybindings for editing which had slipped away from memory. Mozilla has always been windows-centric like that.

thanks

Return to “EasyOS”