fstrim accurs ,which lower the booting speed,and sfs loader on the fly necessary

Moderator: BarryK

helloworld

fstrim accurs ,which lower the booting speed,and sfs loader on the fly necessary

Post by helloworld »

Sometimes, i see some like 'fstrim on work partition" when booting easy OS.How do i config it?is there a tool to do that?
And,easy os needs a sfs loader ON THE FLY.

BarryK

Re: fstrim accurs ,which lower the booting speed,and sfs loader on the fly necessary

Post by BarryK »

helloworld wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:20 pm

Sometimes, i see some like 'fstrim on work partition" when booting easy OS.How do i config it?is there a tool to do that?

If a message about fstrim is displayed at bootup, that means fstrim is happening. Can't recall exactly, think set to run every 25 bootups.

sfs loading on the fly is not supported, as a lot of sfs checking/fixing happens at bootup. Also, Easy is designed to support overlayfs as well as aufs, and the former does not support loading sfs's on the fly. Overlayfs is the official one in the kernel, aufs is a patch, and the aufs developer has shown signs of getting tired maintaining it.

helloworld

Re: fstrim accurs ,which lower the booting speed,and sfs loader on the fly necessary

Post by helloworld »

BarryK wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:29 am
helloworld wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:20 pm

If a message about fstrim is displayed at bootup, that means fstrim is happening. Can't recall exactly, think set to run every 25 bootups.

sfs loading on the fly is not supported, as a lot of sfs checking/fixing happens at bootup. Also, Easy is designed to support overlayfs as well as aufs, and the former does not support loading sfs's on the fly. Overlayfs is the official one in the kernel, aufs is a patch, and the aufs developer has shown signs of getting tired maintaining it.

can i manually control ths fstrim?

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

Yes.
In the boot-partition, click on the 'initrd' file, there will be an offer to open it up.

You will then see /root/initrd-expanded in ROX-Filer, open the 'init' script in Geany and search for "fstrim".

If you make any changes, click on the 'initrd' file to update it, then reboot.

Return to “EasyOS”