Touchpad flsynclient problems -- Kirkstone (SOLVED)

Moderator: BarryK

vtpup

Touchpad flsynclient problems -- Kirkstone (SOLVED)

Post by vtpup »

Hi, I've been trying out Kirkstone64 on thumbdrive live on my Acer laptop (model in sig below). It was working well except for flsynclient (via the mouse keyboard wizard) I couldn't get it to calibrate. If I hit one of the calibrate buttons, the window would close -- I would do the requested move of a finger to the edge, but nothing would happen. If I opened flsynclient again, the values hadn't changed.

This was a minor problem because the limits were already pretty good as-is.

However, out of curiosity, I decided to see if the thumbdrive was truly portable between computers, so tried it on a converted chromebook which normally runs Bionic in SSD. It booted up properly with Kirkstone64, and everything seemed to work except audio (not unexpected on this difficult former chromebook -- an Acer R11). Not a problem really -- I wasn't planning to use EasyOS on this one anyway.

But when I went back to my regular laptop again to boot from the Kirkstone thumbdrive the touchpad no longer worked well at all. I could only use the very upper edge of the touchpad.

I checked flsynclient and found that yes the bottom edge figure was now too small 1067, when it should have been 4463. But there was no way in the keyboard/mouse wizard to change it, because the calibrate function doesn't seem to work.

I then tried in terminal:

Code: Select all

synclient BottomEdge=4463

which seemed to change the figure for synclient when I listed it, but it made no difference to how the touchpad worked.

I then went to /root/.flsynclient and likewise changed the BottomEdge figure to 4463 there and saved that.

Rebooting, the problem behavior is still there, though when I check the keyboard/mouse wizard, the new figure is now displayed.

So I'm at a loss now to know how to change back to the former good behavior in the initial install on this computer. I don't actually want to just do a reinstall to the thumbdrive from scratch because I now have a lot of settings, programs and quite a bit of data the way I want it, and that took a lot of hours to arrive at this point.

Thanks for your suggestions.....

Last edited by vtpup on Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HP Envy Laptop 17t-cr100
Fossapup F-96 CE rev 4
Huge kernel: huge-6.1.8-fossapup64

My homemade foam boat:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

BarryK

Re: Touchpad flsynclient problems -- Kirkstone

Post by BarryK »

I suppose you could try deleting /root/.flsynclient

Or, stop flsynclient from running.
There is /root/Startup/load-touchpad-settings
Right-click on that, choose "Properties" and untick the "Exec" checkboxes
Then restart Xorg.

vtpup

Re: Touchpad flsynclient problems -- Kirkstone

Post by vtpup »

Thank you Barry!

Deleting /.root/.flsynclient and rebooting worked.

Marking SOLVED.

HP Envy Laptop 17t-cr100
Fossapup F-96 CE rev 4
Huge kernel: huge-6.1.8-fossapup64

My homemade foam boat:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Return to “EasyOS”