devx_5.7.sfs dependency

Moderator: BarryK

trawglodyte

devx_5.7.sfs dependency

Post by trawglodyte »

I'm booting into a fresh frugal install of easy-5.6.7, and I want to install nvidia_5.15.138-525.147.05_amd64.sfs. I think maybe I need to get devx and kernelsrc first so I select kernel_5.15.138-20231116_src.sfs. This seems to trigger a dependency and also downloads devx__5.7_amd64.sfs. Is this the devx I want? Or do I want devx_5.6.7_amd64.sfs?

I should mention I've done this a few times now because I originally put the frugal install on a USB and then decided to put it on a hard drive partition. The install is easy, it lives up to it's name, but my dual 2560x1440 monitors (which require swapping right and left) and getting NVIDIA working has put me back at item 3, boot pristine and start over a few times. lol, that is a nice option for someone like me!

Right now, I just need to know whether to proceed with "Install as a new container" with devx_5.7 or if I need devx_5.6.7? Or, maybe I don't need devx and kernelsrc for this nvidia.sfs?? I'm just in the habit of getting them first. If I don't need it for nvidia I probably would hold off on devx for now.

Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (45.39 KiB) Viewed 146 times

Like a monkey trying to fly a space-ship. What's this button do?
Like a 12-yr old trying to wire a house. Gonna get zapped!

trawglodyte

Re: devx_5.7.sfs dependency

Post by trawglodyte »

shoot, disregard this post. I see easy-5.7 dropped today! I suspected maybe the repository being updated had something to do with it anyway. I'll just wipe 5.6.7 and get 5.7. thanks!

don570

nvidia SFS installation

Post by don570 »

I'm booting into a fresh frugal install of easy-5.6.7, and I want to install nvidia_5.15.138-525.147.05_amd64.sfs

I have frugal install and no internet connection but I was able to install nvidia driver.
Because I have no internet connection I MUST shut off ethernet in the bottom tray.
But that does not apply to you, since you are downloading from internet.

Notes:
-No need for devx or kernel SFS
-blacklist nouveau driver using Bootmanager app from start menu
(or type 'bootmanager' in terminal)
Click on 'MAIN' button to load SFS

Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (46.25 KiB) Viewed 117 times

xorg is configured automatically because of xorg.conf file inside of package so no need to worry about that.

When you reboot you should see that nvidia SFS is loading and nvidia proprietary driver loads automatically.
Note that some people need to blacklist both intel driver and nouveau driver.

trawglodyte

Re: nvidia SFS installation

Post by trawglodyte »

don570 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:42 pm

xorg is configured automatically because of xorg.conf file inside of package so no need to worry about that.

There's some wild stuff going on with all the configs in /etc/X11 but between nvidia-settings and Zarfy I think I have it handled now.

Return to “EasyOS”