French wikipedia has a different easyos

Moderator: BarryK

mimine

French wikipedia has a different easyos

Post by mimine »

Hey,

I just did a google search and I found that the french wikipedia has a different easyos...

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/EasyOS

:shock:

Federico

Re: French wikipedia has a different easyos

Post by Federico »

It looks like stuff of 20 years ago... the Germans would say: << französischer Schrott... >>.
Jokes aside, It's probably abandonware nowadays: nobody remembers the thing, and it was just used by that french telecomm. company Neuf Cegetel; not known by the public, really.
Anyway, in the world of the open source software there is neither intenational Copyright nor any international law which protects intellectual property: everything is developed freely and published to the world. Everybody is free to use the software, develop it furtherly or even read the entire source code.

The feature which mostly distinguish our EasyOS is that it runs as user root. Hence, there is normally no need for commands such as sudo and things like that, thus making things easier generally speaking, and this is basically the origin of the name I think.
That's really a beautiful and useful simplification in my opinion, since on other Linux distributions one must type the root password basically all the time, and that is mainly what makes the usage of Linux for working slower and more tedious than the usage of Windows generally speaking (one must either use a very siimple password - which renders the password protection per se useless - or loose a lot of time and patience typing it countless times).
Secondly it is also very suitable for portable installations on USB sticks. This implies that there is no need of installing it countless times, on every single machine: a single installation may run on any PC.

Now: even if other Linux distros will come with similar features EasyOS has been the first one to my knowledge and this really helps more and more people to know and join the world of Linux open source.

Also I have to say that important technological leaps forward are being made almost on a daily base (for example the introduction of the possibility to compile source code through sfs files), and this lets me hope for the best. Maybe a future awaits us, where open source operating systems will be the most widely used? I cannot not know, nobody knows, time will tell. But for sure recent developments in the mobile world (see Mobian https://mobian-project.org/ or Ubuntu Touch https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ubuntu+touch&ia=web) let me hope for the best.
I'm looking forward to install Debian ehm, Mobian, on my phone. In the meanwhile EasyOS is probably the best thing the open source world has produced during the last decade I think.

Desktop PC
Case: Sharkoon S25-W MB: Asus Rog Strix B550-A PSU: XFX Pro 750W CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700X @ 4.6 GHz RAM: Corsair 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz Heatsink: Scythe Mugen 5 rev. B VGA: Asus Tuf RTX 3080 12 GB OC

Laptop PC: Asus Zenbook UX325E

mimine

Re: French wikipedia has a different easyos

Post by mimine »

Es gibt auch sehr viele deutsche Schrott , wuerde ich gern sagen. :thumbup:

Return to “EasyOS”