Compare your phone's CPU with other phones

Moderator: BarryK

jesudia

Compare your phone's CPU with other phones

Post by jesudia »

At this ranking of CPU for phone you can see the power of your phone (in Spanish)

https://unite4buy.com/es/cpu/mobile-processors-ranking

Federico

Re: Compare your phone's CPU with other phones

Post by Federico »

Mine is still at place 24th, after more than 3 years.
Frankly, it is and has always been absolutely overpowered.
I do not understand what one could possibly do with so much calculating power on a small mobile device. It's overkill, really!
Even regarding gaming, I haven't found any game that the telephone doesn't slaughter jet: even emulated good games on PPSSPP do run silk smooth at 60 fps.
A telephone is anyway not very comfortable for gaming just simply because the hands do partially cover the screen (and also obviously because the small screen size tires eyesight after a while).
The limiting factor regarding smart phones and mobile devices
generally speaking is in fact not the CPU, GPU or RAM but simply and obviously the very small screen size and the rudimentality of the input device (touch screen / on screen keyboard). That is also the reason for the need of development of mobile apps and OSes (and also the reason why the "mobile" world is a separate one).

So we have (extremely) overpowered phones at the moment and PCs which draw too much electrical power (see video cards or the AMD vs Intel affair).

Why does this idyosincrasy happen? Because the markets are driven by greed and not by sanity / gumption: everybody buys telephones whilst PCs are just aimed to more technical / learned people.
Now manufacturers are desperately trying to increase or double the size of mobile telephones' screens... I honestly doubt that it will be enough (to shrink the PC / TV / monitor markets furtherly).

Desktop PC
Case: Sharkoon S25-W MB: Asus Rog Strix B550-A PSU: XFX Pro 750W CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700X @ 4.6 GHz RAM: Corsair 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz Heatsink: Scythe Mugen 5 rev. B VGA: Asus Tuf RTX 3080 12 GB OC

Laptop PC: Asus Zenbook UX325E

Return to “EasyOS”