Looking for Python Ebook

For discussions about programming, and for programming questions and advice

Moderator: Forum moderators

ankitdixit

Looking for Python Ebook

Post by ankitdixit »

Hello Everyone, As I am new in this forum, I want to learn python and looking for ebook to learn it. I have visited some sites like amazon to buy python book but I am confused about which one is better to learn as a fresher point of view. Can any developer suggest me some tips?

Clarity

Re: Looking for Python Ebook

Post by Clarity »

You might consider "Parrotbay" searching ebooks there.

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

I had to look up what "fresher" means. What it suggested was someone who was impolite. So I wondered why anyone would spend time developing an impolite dialog of python. But that would explain why you might have to spend money: cf., the difference between shopping at De Beers or at Walmart. Niche markets not only have higher operating costs, they exact a price for enabling their clientele to demonstrate an abundance of disposable resources and thus display their fitness to provide for progeny 'of the right kind'.

"In my day" we called them freshmen. I guess the current climate of PC avoids any derivative of the common name of our species lest it suggest that only the male dimorphic is intended.

At any rate, you might find something here: https://b-ok.cc/s/python -- downloadable pdfs and ebooks without even having to provide your email address. It seems to offer a lot which will provide the basics and teach you how to think in python. Also check the 'Articles' Tab. There are probably other, similar, websites: google 'free ebook pdf no registration".
Eventually, you may have to pay for specific information. But in the meantime if you don’t already have one, spend your money on a refurbished 7” Tablet with an Android (not Amazon fire or other specialized/cut-down) OS, wifi enabled. For example, https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Google-Ne ... SwzZZfv8aR.
Look for the terms "Nexus" or "LG". These won't have all the 'bells & whistles' of current Tables, but make great reading devices. Almost as good as a paperback.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Free Python ebooks to-learn-programming-with-python.
https://medium.mybridge.co/19-free-eboo ... 6f0ad4a7f8
This web site is slow to load, but it will.

But do not plain on making stuff for Puppy Linux that needs Python.
Puppy is about using much easier to use and support programing to produce programs for Puppy.
A lot of Puppy programs are simple script files using the basic stuff already in Puppy Linux.
No need for Python.
Really any Python you find in a Puppy Linux version, is there to support stuff that needs Python and some people just will not give up using.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Most universities and colleges teach C, Java, and python to our entry-level IT students. Many students look for non-classroom materials for easy learning pathways.

This thread's question may be being raised to accent that learning experience. Those languages have a univesal appeal in industry across the operating system spectrum.

Before coming to Puppyland, years ago, I too, looked for easy-to-learn solutions. Using my public library login, I have maybe a 1000 of such books (an exaggeration, of course)...for free.

There is a plethora of youtube videos attempting to accent language learning experiences, as well as ebook/pdf reading materials.

Hope all of the suggestions are helpful leads.

wiak

Post by wiak »

mikeslr wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:28 pm

But in the meantime if you don’t already have one, spend your money on a refurbished 7” Tablet with an Android (not Amazon fire or other specialized/cut-down) OS, wifi enabled.

Coincidentally, yesterday I found an old 7" Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich tablet for sale at 8 NZ dollars. I paid the money and thought I had a bargain till I took it home, successfully charged it, and switched it on. Oops, was pin protected. Googled online for ways to hard reset - tried every botton press combination suggested from tons of reports (some for this specific Chinese rebranded tablet).

This morning I took the tablet back and explained why it was useless and they happily gave me my 8 dollars back but asked if I wanted to keep the junk since they were just going to chuck it in the bucket anyway. So, for some daft reason, I took it, with the idea in my head I'd open it up and see if I could find any other solution to the issue.

So as that last resort (with nothing to lose), I unscrewed/unclipped and opened the Android tablet case and checked if anything written on circuit board would help with reset. Unfortunatly not.... except I noted the part number of the (soldered in) flash RAM chip and it struck me that if I could somehow reset that directly I would either totally brick the as-was-useless device or maybe with tons of luck unlock it. However, engineering mindset told me to look for data sheet on the flash RAM chip online, so using my magnifying glass I noted the device number and entered it into google...

Found pdf of the datasheet; almost an ebook to make this comment less off-topic... ;-)

Noted from that that there was a 'reset' chip command, which was to put hex FF onto the 8 data command input pins and send some kind of up/down pulse of around 30ms... sigh. Anyway, no harm in trying brute force since useless locked ancient tablet anyway... so I noted from pin-out that the 8 data input pins all ran down one side of the chip and only other used pin there was Vcc. Since I needed logic high on each input pin, seemed likely that Vcc would do that for me... so what I did was:

took a straight-edged craft knife out of my toolbox (whilst Android tablet was switched on but, as I said, locked) and held that sharp part of the blade against that whole one side of the flash RAM chip, thus shorting out all the pins there. Not surprisingly the Android screen immediately went blank. I then (with little real hope) pressed the power button, but alas no response, so I shrugged my shoulders assuming I had fried it. However, just for completion I then stuck charging cable back in and (somewhat albeit slightly promisingly) its tablet led power-indicator light came on again and ... drum roll... after a few seconds a screen popped up saying encryption data had been corrupted so could no longer login with pin and that a hard reset was thus required, and the ancient old Android tablet then kindly presented an on-screen button with the word "RESET" on it, which I pressed and it then booted up without issues (bypassing previous login pin screen)!

I would not recommend above procedure to anyone - but it just shows you that a bit 'logical thought' sometimes works - it wasn't after all a case of random destruction on my part (and I really did previously google and try every possible alternative hard reset method known published by humanity - power/volumeUP/DOWN/Home/reset pin and so on it goes... nothing like that worked on this wee beast). As for the 30ms pulse to enter the hex FF input reset command... well the machine was on when I did this drastic action so data was being pulsed in all the time (that was my hope, and my hope was answered)...

So that's a wee ebook-like story, to make this post even more slightly on topic, albeit not about Python except all Android tablets could have some version of Python installed onto them if so required and useful for reading ebooks about Python certainly.

wiak

EDIT: for absolute completion, I should add that the chip inside the Android tablet I thus dubiously 'reset' was a Legacy MLC NAND Flash "Hynix H27UBG8T2BTR". Again: PLEASE do not do any of the above to any android unless you are happy to destroy the device... Sorry for such ridiculously long 'story' but technical forum requires detail or I'd just write that the bit about taking a knife to the chip...

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Post by wiak »

Back on real topic.

My issue is that, yes, I love being able to download superb programming ebooks free (Python... whatever...). However, I quickly realise they are too big... I want something that tells me all I want to know in roughly two dozen pages (maximum) and not 200 or 700 or 1000 or some other number of pages my life is too short for me to bother reading. I can concentrate (intensely) on high technical material for around 24 pages maximum; above which number I simply switch off and fall asleep. So two dozen pages is my maximum attention span and (almost related) whilst modular programming is theoretically wonderful, if program code is broken down into more than two dozen modules it becomes painful for me to read it... Hence I try to do everything in as few short(ish) scripts as possible because I find that easy to read and track and maintain; on the odd occasions I have studied some other programs, by others, that have been broken down into dozens and dozens of self-contained functions, I find myself swearing a lot.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

Wow !! I was in the same position...different Android tablet...I was asked as a last resort if I could do anything with it. Wish I had tried this as well. At least opening it up to see what was what. I totally would have attempted shorting out the pins to force a reset!

oldaolgeezer

Post by oldaolgeezer »

wiak (and rockedge too):
I greatly appreciate your non standard and/or non traditional techniques
(your knife blade on the flash RAM chip) for
both hardware and tweeks to Puppy Linux software here on the forum.

ankitdixit and wiak:
I can also appreciate the need or importance of a quick look into a topic.
As wiak said "something that tells ... all I want to know in roughly two dozen pages"

for a quick look into Python books, I might suggest a google search string:

site:reddit.com/r/FreeEBOOKS/ "Python Programming"

to see if a more detailed study of a given Python topic is warranted.

And as mikesir said: "Eventually, you may have to pay for specific information."

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Python Tutorial For Kids!. $5.99, https://teachyourkidscode.com/learn-python-for-kids/

Or consider the following: Computer languages are languages. They have two elements: structure and vocabulary. While computers do things very fast, there really isn't much they have to do: move this, flip that, add this, compare that. While advanced vocabulary may entail many 'one words' each to initiate a different series of operations, basic vocabulary is likely be less than two dozen in number. With some effort, you can memorize the meaning of two dozen words. That leaves structure.

Here you are fortunate. Computers have no emotions. When you employ a computer language to communicate with a computer*, you never need to express irony, pathos, sadness or joy. No one tries to tell a joke to a computer. Sentences are always declarative or imperative: believe this, do this. A computer program consists of a series of declarative and imperative sentences, sometimes organized into paragraphs. Although the structures of computer languages may vary from one language to another, they all have to do the same things, and within each language its structure will be consistent. Well, at least at the basic level.

Given the creativity and perversity of Humans, anything over which they hold dominion will, over time, evolve, diversify and become a morass of complexity to the uninitiated. But, at the basic level any well written source designed with Beginners in mind should suffice. You can read its Table of Contents and then scan its Sections, devoting your time to learn the structure and the basic vocabulary. Later that Source can be used as a reference to refresh or delve deeper into that languages idiosyncrasies.

The website I referenced offers several books on Python for Beginners, and one for Dummies. On revisiting it, I made the important discovery that there are also a couple of free Books delving into the communication variant known as Monty Python.

-=-=-=-=-=-
* I wouldn't bet against the existence of humans, fluent in python, using it to tell jokes to each other. Cf. Star Trek fans molded the gibberish employed to convey the impression of speech between Klingons into an actual means of communicating.

vijayuploader

Post by vijayuploader »

Learning Python by David Ascher and Mark Lutz is the best Python books for ever.

kiash

Post by kiash »

There are may books available to learn python. Here is some suggestion by me to learn python with free download link.

Head First Python by Paul Barry - this is one of the best book for beginers.
PYTHON PYTHON'S COMPANION - this book is also beginer friendly.

Hello :thumbup2: ! Im kiash. A full stack developer. my personal website Kiash.io Right now im working on Slide.pub as a lead backend developer.

Return to “Programming”