Executing script from Geany (shortcut F5) still does not work

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

MochiMoppel

Executing script from Geany (shortcut F5) still does not work

Post by MochiMoppel »

@666philb I've reported this 2 years ago in https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.php?p=2036#p2036

666philb » Sat,20-08-08 19:08

MochiMoppel wrote: ↑Sat,20-08-08 10:19
Executing script from Geany (shortcut F5) does not work. Setting is wrong.

Change
Edit > Preferences > Tools > Terminal
from
rxvt -e "/bin/sh %c"
to
rxvt -e /bin/sh "%c"
(actually no quotations are required as %c is an alias for ./geany_run_script.sh)

thanks @MochiMoppel ,

i will add this to my fixes along with the jwmrc group change behaviour for gxmessage/xmessage.

After moving to a 64bit laptop I tried Fossapup64 9.5 again (I think that's still the current version) and immediately applied all bugfixes. No change. Actually it got worse. The command in 9.5 now reads rxvt -e "/bin/sh "%c" , i.e. with an uneven (!) number of quotation marks. As expected it doesn't work. Works after removing all quotation marks. Do I miss something?

Burunduk

Re: Executing script from Geany (shortcut F5) still does not work

Post by Burunduk »

I see it has been fixed long time ago. But... this is how puppy works. Fixes go to the woof-ce so newer versions will have them while the already released ones depend on the "do it yourself" update model. It's just a setting that can be easily changed.

By the way, I use urxvt -e /bin/sh %c because rxvt has different settings for the font, colors etc.

There is another way to run a script from geany - a built-in terminal widget. It doesn't work in Fossapup64 because of the wrong (gtk2) version of the libvte library. To make the geany terminal work, the libvte-2.91 (gtk3) package needs to be installed from PPM. To run scripts in it: Edit -> Preferences -> Terminal -> Exec programs in the vte.

Return to “Fossapup64”