Can't connect to bluetooth earphone via jankyBT (solved)

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

user1234

Can't connect to bluetooth earphone via jankyBT (solved)

Post by user1234 »

I can't connect to my earphones via jankyBT. I followed its instructions, but couldn't make it. When I type

Code: Select all

pair xx:xx: ...

(I type the real xx:xx:xx: ..... code of my device), I get

Attempting to pair with xx:xx ....
Failed to pair: org.bluez.Error.AlreadyExist

. I ignore this and move on to trust and connect command. I get Connected: yes, but I don't hear my earphone saying "Connected", nor do I get anything after clicking on "Connect to Speaker", and after few seconds it would show again disconnected with error

Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed

I could get it work previously. How can I get it working?

Last edited by user1234 on Mon May 02, 2022 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PuppyLinux 🐾 gives new life to old computers ✨

Geek3579

Re: Can't connect to bluetooth earphone via jankyBT

Post by Geek3579 »

It might help if we knew what puppy OS you are running. BTW I have had the same problem with bluetooth in Bionicpup64, and moved over to DPupBuster in exasperation, which is quite reliable in connecting to Bluetooth and other audio devices, because having Pulseaudio onboard seems to solve most problems associated with Bluetooth and audio connections in general.

EasyOS had its own non-pulseaudio arrangement some time ago which was a big improvement. Quickpup should also be useful because it has Pulseaudio although it is still in Beta development (but still works very well).

user1234

Post by user1234 »

Geek3579 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:06 am

It might help if we knew what puppy OS you are running. BTW I have had the same problem with bluetooth in Bionicpup64, and moved over to DPupBuster in exasperation, which is quite reliable in connecting to Bluetooth and other audio devices, because having Pulseaudio onboard seems to solve most problems associated with Bluetooth and audio connections in general.

EasyOS had its own non-pulseaudio arrangement some time ago which was a big improvement. Quickpup should also be useful because it has Pulseaudio although it is still in Beta development (but still works very well).

I posted the issue in fossapup section, so it shows that I must be using fossapup :D.

Feek

Post by Feek »

user1234 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:35 am

How can I get it working?

I saw an interesting discussion about bluetooth in Fossapup:
it´s in the "Fossapup Tips and Tricks" thread under the Fossapup section (bottom half of the first page).

But I don´t have my own experience with bluetooth in Fossa, because I usually use Fatdog and its bluetooth manager works very well for me.
good luck

user1234

Post by user1234 »

I tried to use that trick, but no fate. I uninstalled bluez using Remove built in packages and then reinstalled its v5.3*. I also installed blueman, but it just doesn't run, even after using the script that the writer of that post mentioned to. I don't care about blueman though, as I think it is just the graphical frontend to bluetoothctl. Atleast bluetoothctl should have worked, but it didn't. So now I am left re-asking my question. Please help :).

user1234

Post by user1234 »

user1234 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:43 am

I tried to use that trick, but no fate. I uninstalled bluez using Remove built in packages and then reinstalled its v5.3*. I also installed blueman, but it just doesn't run, even after using the script that the writer of that post mentioned to. I don't care about blueman though, as I think it is just the graphical frontend to bluetoothctl. Atleast bluetoothctl should have worked, but it didn't. So now I am left re-asking my question. Please help :).

Anyone who knows the solution???

user1234

Post by user1234 »

I finally got it working :). I did-

remove xx:xx:xx...

in bluetoothctl opened by jankyBT. Then I restarted my laptop, just to be sure that the remove command worked. Then I followed the steps given in the instruction of jankyBT and finally got my bluetooth earphone connected to my pc.

Return to “Fossapup64”