pprerecord not recording

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

boof

pprerecord not recording

Post by boof »

default config looks o, i only got the precord pet, nothing else. there isn't a selection for routing sint. mic soundcard to record. loopback is enabled, all volumes at full, no mutes,
i've overlooked something...
general configuration only provide 2 checkboxes, soundcard and device, neither is checked. alsa etc no option.

wiak

Re: pprerecord not recording

Post by wiak »

boof wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:09 pm

default config looks o, i only got the precord pet, nothing else. there isn't a selection for routing sint. mic soundcard to record. loopback is enabled, all volumes at full, no mutes,
i've overlooked something...
general configuration only provide 2 checkboxes, soundcard and device, neither is checked. alsa etc no option.

Some time back someone or other complained about me posting WeeDog maintained software or comments into "Advanced Topics" (which includes software) since that they complained should be Puppy distro only. I therefore moved most of my forum software contributions into WeeDog section and for a while no longer maintained any dotpet versions of my code. I think that's what is probably effecting your situation - blame the person that thought WDL contributions were no use for Puppy Linux... Times have changed, but also shortage of time means I no longer usually make dotpets. Perhaps some relatively recent pRecord still exists as a dotpet on the forum, but for the moment I don't know where either. I'll keep looking. In the meantime, latest pRecord is used in KLV-Airedale - you could extract the bits and pieces out of that if you know what you are doing.

If I don't find a suitable dotpet anywhere, I'll put making one on my todo list, but it's a bad time right now because I'm working on something tricky that is core for KLV-Airedale. So best if you can cobble something together meantime from KLV-Airedale version of pRecord, which is latest I've made. It certainly can be made to work on Fossapup and includes both alsa and pulseaudio support via check boxes.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Post by wiak »

wex is available, but it was special last dotpet I made:

viewtopic.php?p=1102#p1102

You can record audio only with wex , but also screencast and webcam video (checkbox to activate whichever or a combination).
In may ways it is similar to precord though a bit more complex config screen of course for these other stream options.
Was tested in LxPup but hopefully will work in Fossapup too.

You could try it for now till I have time to come back and make precord dotpet again, which I realise is what you really want.

Bit trickier to install than precord though since has scrox dependency (use supplied 64bit dotpet of that for Fossa) and also giblib1 (PPM for that).

DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Post by wiak »

I'm hoping to find time to build precord dotpet sometime tomorrow - have to finish work on WeeDog intird matters right now. Anyway, I'll post here once I have one ready and tried in FossaPup.

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

NEW dotpet: pRecord

Post by wiak »

Find newest version of pRecord as a dotpet for fossapup64 and probably other Pups (as taken from KLV-Airedale and modified for alsa default) here: viewtopic.php?p=51958#p51958

Read the notes there carefully before install and use.

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Return to “Fossapup64”