How to connect bluetooth headphone, Janky_BT work?

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

gychang

How to connect bluetooth headphone, Janky_BT work?

Post by gychang »

I run Fossapup64, latest version 9.5, frugally installed to my HD and everything seems to work. I have my bluetooth headphone working well in ubuntu 21.04 but can't seem to navigate around connecting using Janky_BT applet to setup. After turning on my headphone with "bluetooth pairing" mode, activating Janky and clicking on "Start Bluetooth" I get "Controller 08:3E:8E:C7:F4:E6 BlueZ 5.38 [default]", when I enter "scan on" " I get an error "Failed to start discovery: org.bluez.Error.NotReady". Is there a fix for this? Is there another puppylinux where bluetooth is easier to setup?

======

Puppy Bytes, utube videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-DUU ... u62_iqR-MA

======

Geek3579

Re: How to connect bluetooth headphone, Janky_BT work?

Post by Geek3579 »

I have struggled to get Janky_BT to work in Bionicpup64. Not tried Fossapup64.

Bur the dpupbuster series by josejp2424 has Pulseaudio installed which seems to make things a lot easier.

EasyOS by Barry K is also effective in connecting Bluetooth headphones, due to Barry's unique and clever approach which does NOT involve Pulseaudio.

IMHO, any reasonably serious audio work requires a pulseaudio implementation.

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

Bluetooth audio works perfectly in Cagepup64 (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2967), but it's still in development and it's not a stable release.

It has PulseAudio and Blueman - Bluetooth audio setup is the same as in some other distros (at least, some of those with Xfce or MATE), and it works for both root and spot, with automatic change from Bluetooth to the internal speakers/headphones jack or vice versa.

sieger707

Post by sieger707 »

No Luck on this with fossapup64. Im aware of other pup distros of there where BT is fixed. I am prefer working with what I have. Here's what I did so far and there's no luck

Code: Select all

sda2/linwip # bluetoothctl power on
[NEW] Controller 00:27:13:41:99:66 BlueZ 5.38 [default]
[bluetooth]# scan on
Failed to start discovery: org.bluez.Error.NotReady
[bluetooth]# exit
[DEL] Controller 00:27:13:41:99:66 BlueZ 5.38 [default]
sda2/linwip #  rfkill list
1: hp-wifi: wlan
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
2: hp-bluetooth: bluetooth
3: phy0: wlan
4: hci0: bluetooth
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Heh. Sounds to me as though "janky" is a pretty good description of BT operation in the majority of Puppies. I never had much luck with - or use for! - it in mainstream distros during my 'distro-hopping' period, several years ago.....and it doesn't appear as though much has changed.

On top of all that, Bluetooth on this machine is a combo chip with the wireless network adapter. I still can't get my head around the concept of a desktop PC with a wireless adapter, though it does get used in Bionicpup64, where Ethernet refuses to behave itself.....for which I'm eternally grateful! Nonetheless, it DOES mean the two cannot be in operation at the same time... (*shrug*)

My own headset uses a wireless dongle to connect, with its own sound card built into it. Easy-peasy to use, too.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Grey

Post by Grey »

mikewalsh wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:01 am

Heh. Sounds to me as though "janky" is a pretty good description of BT operation in the majority of Puppies.

It is quite possible to work with Bluetooth in our family of operating systems... but it requires a certain level of... mmm... intuition :D :?: :!:
That is, to penetrate into the meaning of events and situations through a simultaneous unconscious conclusion :roll: :arrow: :ugeek:

I can't always explain some ways to my friends even in my native language. And it makes no sense to try in English :)

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

user1234

Post by user1234 »

gychang wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:32 pm

I run Fossapup64, latest version 9.5, frugally installed to my HD and everything seems to work. I have my bluetooth headphone working well in ubuntu 21.04 but can't seem to navigate around connecting using Janky_BT applet to setup. After turning on my headphone with "bluetooth pairing" mode, activating Janky and clicking on "Start Bluetooth" I get "Controller 08:3E:8E:C7:F4:E6 BlueZ 5.38 [default]", when I enter "scan on" " I get an error "Failed to start discovery: org.bluez.Error.NotReady". Is there a fix for this? Is there another puppylinux where bluetooth is easier to setup?

Have you tried reading the instructions given in Janky BT? That all explains.

sieger707 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:14 pm

No Luck on this with fossapup64. Im aware of other pup distros of there where BT is fixed. I am prefer working with what I have. Here's what I did so far and there's no luck

sda2/linwip # bluetoothctl power on
[NEW] Controller 00:27:13:41:99:66 BlueZ 5.38 [default]
[bluetooth]# scan on
Failed to start discovery: org.bluez.Error.NotReady
[bluetooth]# exit
[DEL] Controller 00:27:13:41:99:66 BlueZ 5.38 [default]
sda2/linwip #  rfkill list
1: hp-wifi: wlan
2: hp-bluetooth: bluetooth
3: phy0: wlan
4: hci0: bluetooth

Did you try using

agent KeyboardOnly
default-agent

before running

power on

in bluetoothctl.

Tip when using JankyBT-
In case you pair your bluetooth device to some other device after pairing it to your PC (one having puppy), your PC would need to forget your bluetooth device, since the bluetooth device would have forgotten your PC. For that, use

remove XX:XX:XX:...

, where XX:XX:XX:.... is the bluetooth device's MAC Address (or maybe it is called as something else), and then restart your PC and then again try to pair.

PuppyLinux 🐾 gives new life to old computers ✨

Return to “Fossapup64”