Problem with latest Opera version, 75.0.3969.171, in Fossapup

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

April

Problem with latest Opera version, 75.0.3969.171, in Fossapup

Post by April »

This s the latest version and Google have completely stuffed it for our use. It was taken over by Google a while back.

I downloaded it from their site ,installed it and then went to some considerable trouble to get add-ons that I want and use always.

Ublock Origin, Ad Block, Social Fixer , DuckDuck ,and a few others I wanted . I got them all up and working and went on to try to get downloads working into my desired location and am working on that still in another thread.

Anyway got it mostly functional and useable but...
When I came back to it now in Fossapup64-9,5 Opera has disabled all my add-ons and I must specifically go in and reinstate each albeit in some sort of special category and my most important ,Lastpass add-on they wanted me to log on via them and they would do it for me .

Just supply your password and we will log you on . Yeh sure Google.
So that begs the question "How secure is the VPN offered?"
It will work for most other web sites but of course Google will have full and unfettered access to you and yours.

Note also that the "quickpet Fossa " downloads the latest version too so if you can get back to an older version the add-ons worked OK in them or at least appeared to .

Question : Does anybody have a good reliable VPN service they can recommend?

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

April

Re: Opera version is75.0.3969.171

Post by April »

I decided to go look for the pet I installed back in 2019.

Not on operas archived files.

Went to Wayback machine ... Can't get it there either they have fiddled it.

I want version 63.0.3368.107 and I'm wondering if anyone kept an old pet file back around that time?
Or does anyone know of one of our repositories that might not have been corrupted by Google?
Edit : found it in backups. I'd put it here but its too big of course so Ill add a link to Mega site I store my stuff on
https://mega.nz/file/C51QAYxK#3GegPn0hI ... S_32B8x4e8

But let me tell you ,nothing is safe with Google . They do not respect your privacy in any way no matter what you agree to and what they say . They are a snooping bunch of Bastards!
Uncontrolled and probably uncontrollable . We are going to have to fight to keep them out.

Last edited by April on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

April

Re: Opera version is75.0.3969.171

Post by April »

The old version will not install on this Fossapup64-9.5. for some reason.

Return to “Fossapup64”